The Interactive Systems Research Center (ISRC) acts as a bridge for faculty across the UMBC campus with expertise in designing, building, or studying uses of interactive computing systems. It facilitates the sharing of resources and experience in solving computing problems from a user-centered perspective grounded in user needs and not in simply applying previously designed solutions to new domains.
The ISRC also acts as a bridge to industry, community, and organizations in order to foster long-standing relationships in addressing user needs through interactive computing solutions. Through the center, external collaborators can seamlessly work with a mix of expertise to innovate interactive computing solutions of societal importance.
- Congratulations to Dr. Anita Komlodi on being appointed as the new Associate Director of the Imaging Research Center (IRC)
- Dr. Helena Mentis receives 2021 Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to work in Denmark with the University of Copenhagen’s Human-Centered Computing research group
- Congratulations to Dr. Helena Mentis on her promotion to Full Professor and Dr. Andrea Kleinsmith on her tenure to Associate Professor
- Congratulations to our most recent PhD graduates, Dr. Ali Abdolrahmani and Dr. Flynn Wolf!
- Welcome to our newest members, Assistant Professors Dr. Yaxing Yao and Dr. Tera Reynolds